Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dessert from Dominique Ansel Bakery in NYC

Post book club brunch, went across the street to Dominique Ansel bakery.  No cronuts because apparently you still have to pre-order them. Still, got some delicious treats and also got to try fresh Madelines while waiting, which were perfectly buttery and moist.  I bought a bunch of stuff to share with Dan at home.
DKA - "Dominique's Kouign Amann": Flaky and tender bread with caramelized layers.  Apparently the other thing they are known for other than the Cronut.  Super delicious and rich.  Great crunch on the outside but soft inside.  Almost like a marzipan inside in part

My eclair didn't travel so well ha.  A little too sweet for me

One of the best Almond Croissants I've had.  Very dense though.  Half was enough for me for breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment