Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dinner at Junoon in NYC

Sejal, Debbie and I finally went to Junoon.  The inside was beautiful and very different from any place I've been; looked almost like a temple inside?  The food itself was not quite what I expected.  The portions were pretty small and I can't honestly say that it was a meal I would remember.  I'm sure the food is better than what we had since it has one michelin star, but I've had better.
Murgh Tikka - tandoori chicken thigh. Very tender.  Best part of my meal

Oyster Pakora - crispy oyster, lemon, palakwala

Eggplant Chaat - crispy eggplant, raita, tamarind chutney, red onion

Bagarey baigan - baby eggplant, coconut, curryleaf, peanut, tamarind.  Teeny tiny portion

Paneer Mirchi Ka Salan - long pepper, paneer, peanut tamarind sauce


Shahi Lamb Shank - black cumin curry, rose.  Tasty and tender but the sauce wasn't so memorable 

Lots of naan at least

Some green tea dessert that everyone was surprised was like a sponge cake

Spiced Chocolate Cake with milk chocolate sauce, espresso chocolate crumbs, and chantilly

No comments:

Post a Comment