Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dinner at Porta Pizza in Jersey City, NJ

We went to Porta Pizza for Laura's birthday.  It took a really long time to get seated but that was partially because it was a friday night with a big group and no advances rezzie.  Pizza was delicious even though it took awhile.  I forgot to take a pic of one of the pizzas but I got the more important shot.  This is the same place behind Monk Room in Newark.  Obviously the environment was better at Porta; I just question the service.  But for two people I can't imagine the wait would be too bad because the place is huge.  Apparently there's a rooftop which I'd like to visit  before the weather gets cold.
Delicious focaccia.  Who knew I liked capers?

Incredible Scampi pizza - shrimp, caciocavallo, white wine, mozzarella, garlic, parsley, and lemon.  One of the best pizzas I've ever eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment