Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Dinner at Aria West Village in NYC

Jordan and I went to Aria in the West Village for an Italian small-plates style dinner.  There is a ton of Italian food in NYC, especially in the West Village.  Aria was good but not super memorable when I think of other awesome Italian eats in the area (i.e. L'Artusi, dell'anima, and Barbuto).  It's a very cute and romantic place though, more so than any of those others I mentioned.  The meal was solid but looking back, nothing that made me want to come back.  Still glad to have tried it though because the menu was huge and had sooo many good looking options.
Special - burrata, tomato and prosciutto. Winning combo.  Prob the best thing we ate as that burrata was soo silky smooth and rich

Mushroom Bruschetta with montasio cheese.  A pretty large portion and I guess similar to really greasy mini pizza bites.  Not nearly as good as I had hoped

A special that day - octopus salad.  Good texture, but can't particularly remember the flavors of the other ingredients with the octopus

Gnocchi with tomato and mozzarella.  I wanted to love this sooo much more than I did because the pics online looked so good and I heart gnocchi.  But it wasn't anything that memorable and could've used more salad.  The Barbuto gnocchi is currently my fav in all of NYC and they seasonally change the preparation, which is awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment