Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dinner at Bareburger in NYC

The Bareburger Supreme w/beef

Big Blue Bacon w/elk

Debbie and I tried Bareburger in the Lower East Side and I have to say, I was VERY impressed.  Bareburger boasts that all of its ingredients, meat and otherwise, are organic. Debbie got the Bareburger Supreme with beef, and it had colby jack, gourmet battered onion rings, blackened maple bacon, lettuce, chopped french fries.  I wanted to be adventurous and try a new kind of meat, so I had elk for the first time!  I almost went with ostrich but it was a little too scary for me haha.  So instead I got the Big Blue Bacon with elk, and it had danish blue cheese, bourbon sautéed mushrooms, apple smoked onions, blackened maple bacon, lettuce and apple chutney.  It was SO delicious.  I think Bareburger is my second favorite burger joint (after Five Guys of course).  But I guess if I have to pick a favorite gourmet burger place (since Five Guys is more fast food-y), then I would say Bareburger.  Excited to come back and try other things.  They also had yummy giant cider on the menu, and the waitress didn't judge at all when Debbie and I shared one bottle haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment