Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dinner at Blue Smoke in NYC

Chicken Gumbo

Rib Sampler - Kansas City spareribs on top, giant Texas beef ribs on the right, and Memphis baby back ribs on bottom left

Half-rack of Texas beef ribs.  Does not do justice to how gi-normous they were


Sweet potato wedges with maple dip on left, fry bread with chipotle butter on right
So after I think about 7-8 years, I finally returned to Blue Smoke.  Except Dan, Nicole and I went to the new Blue Smoke in Battery Park City, just a short walk from the World Trade Center PATH.  It was rib heaven!  Dan got chicken gumbo, which was awesome, and the monster Texas beef ribs.  Nicole and I shared sweet potato wedges, fry bread with delicious chipotle butter, and the rib sampler.  The sampler had three kinds of ribs, which I'll rank in order of preference: (1) Texas Salt and Pepper Beef Ribs - huge and very tasty.  A little too peppery for my taste, but def the best of the bunch in terms of meatiness.  Still not as good as Hill Country through; (2) Memphis Baby Back Ribs - lean with magic dust and original sauce; (3) Kansas City Spareribs - good but too saucy for me.  The sweet potato wedges were tasty but the fry bread was AMAZING.  Kind of like a donut but not that sweet.  A great accompaniment for all that meat.  Overall a delicious meal, and was just the right amount of full.

No comments:

Post a Comment