Monday, April 30, 2012

More fun with the deep fryer

So I claimed that I was going to try to eat healthier as I have two weddings coming up soon and the Bar will be starting, which means extra temptation to pig out so that I don't cry over my giant Bar study books.  It has been a rocky start so far since acquiring this new deep fryer.  I had the idea of a salad with something deep fried on top.  But then I realized that was not really healthy, so might as well go balls-to-the-wall as some people say haha.  Thanks to Bobby Flay and Rachael Ray for their inspiration on these bad boys.
Hand-cut sweet potatoes fries - tasty but next time I will cut a little thicker

Sweet potato fries with chipotle ketchup - CK was SOO GOOD.  Heart you Bobby Flay for the recipe

Buttermilk Fried onion rings. Again thanks to BF.

Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders - Thanks to Rachael Ray for these

Fried Chicken Salad - almost an oxymoron. Romaine lettuce, navel oranges, tomatoes, chicken tenders, and home-made honey mustard vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment