Sunday, November 29, 2015

Brunch at Jane in NYC

Dan and I went to Jane for brunch, which is supposed to be one of the most popular brunch spots.  We got there maybe ten minutes before our res time and there were crazy lines.  Fortunately we were seated close to our reservation time.  I think the food was overall good, but I expect something even more amazing based on the yelp reviews and how many people were there.  The special benedict Dan ordered was kind of a disappointment, which was tough given that he passed up ordering some other things we wanted to try.  I wouldn't be against eating there again but there are definitely other brunch places I'd want to try before returning.
Delicious bread with a strawberry butter

Small pastry basket - glazed donut, candied bacon scone, everything biscuit and chocolate financier. All were solid but the candied bacon scone wasn't bacon-y enough for me.  I was comparing it to the North End Grill maple bacon croissant, which is no longer, but is one of the best things I've ever eaten

Everything crepes - smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, chives, and marscapone cheese.  Great dish - lots of salmon in every bite

Short Rib benedict special - egg was overcooked and not runny.  Short rib wasn't that memorable either womp womp

More salmon showing

No comments:

Post a Comment