Sunday, November 1, 2015

Lunch at Hopsscotch in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I finally tried Hopsscotch, which I've been meaning to go to for like three years.  The service was mehh but I enjoyed the Connect Four at the table, and there were plenty more things on the menu that tempted us.  We decided on a pretty unhealthy and very filling meal consisting of sausage and fries, loaded tater tots, and poutine aka loaded fries haha.  So we were clearly unable to finish it but it wasn't the kind of food that would reheat well.  The food was very heavy but fulfilled what we wanted - something kind of gross/unhealthy yet delicious.
German Bratwurst - toasted garlic and caramelized onion and whole grain mustard on pretzel hero.  I enjoyed the pretzel roll and sausage with the caramelized onions was great.  Surprisingly the sweet potato fries were dusted with cinnamon and had no salt.  I still enjoyed them though since everything else was pretty salty/savory

Loaded tater tots with beer cheese, bacon marmalade and sour cream.  Ridiculously rich.  I think too much beer cheese for me
Short Rib Poutine - house gravy and cheese curds.  Great meat and gravy but a little stingy on the curds.  I also prefer them more chunky/soft rather than melty.  This could have just been melted cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment