Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dinner at Pig Bleecker in NYC

Dan and I met Jordan and Justin for dinner at a new meaty spot - Pig Bleecker, obviously on Bleecker Street.  Despite having a reservation we had to wait a little to be seated, which was not fun because the place is small, it was crowded, and Dan had a broken foot.  Once we were seated though, the food was pretty good.  I was upset to learn that they no longer have the muffaletta sandwich at lunch, which was what drew me to the restaurant because I saw a photo of that NOLA sandwich on Instagram.  This was a solid restaurant though so I'm glad we tried it.  My photos are pretty awful because it was dimly lit and I didn't want to piss everyone off by using flash, so apologies for that.  Food was a million times better than it looks.
Complimentary madelines

Grilled Oysters with spicy garlic butter and bread crumbs.  Very tasty though not spicy

Grandma Val's meatballs with smoked dipalo's mozzarella.  Great texture and sauce

Pigs in Doughnuts.  Can't go wrong with pigs in a blanket

Steak with chimichurri.  Good but not a huge portion

Dan got the brisket ravioli with black truffle butter and barolo.  I think he really enjoyed it though the sauce was rich

I got the Cavatelli.  Can't remember what else was in it but I was pretty full already when this came out so I think people helped me.  I do recall the texture of the pasta was great
Justin got the lasagna with smoked duck ragout.  Didn't get to try but he cleaned up

Karen's Key Lime Pie was solid.  Nice texture

This Buckeye Milkshake was a little obscene and really not necessary by this pint, yet we got it anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment