Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dinner at Takashi in NYC

Jordan, Justin, Dan and I went to Takashi for a double date.  I remember that Anthony Bourdain featured this place on his older show a few years ago.  The place was very cute inside and we got to try a lot of interesting different cuts of meat, but it is definitely expensive and I wasn't that full considering how much money we dropped.  I do like bbq places like this where you can cook it yourself but they do tend to be expensive and often you don't eat as much as places where you just order normal dishes.
Ban chan

Niki Uni - chuck flap topped with sea urchin and fresh wasabi. All raw.  Saw this all over instagram.  None of us understood the hype

Yooke - thinly-sliced chuck eye tartare in special sauce.  I was shocked by how much I loved this.  Such delicious flavors.  I forgot it was raw

Tartare all mixed up.  I think the dark sauce helped convince my brain it wasn't raw


Foie Gas Stuffed Mini Kobe Burger with Chocolate BBQ sauce.  Sounds like a weird combo but it was delicious

Pouring that choc bbq sauce

So good

Pretty rich though

I cannot remember all the cuts of meat we got but everything was delicious even the less conventional cuts






No comments:

Post a Comment