Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Brunch at The Kitchen at Grove Station in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I went to brunch at The Kitchen at Grove Station for a super cute, rustic, and very hipster meal.  The "uniform" of the waiters was a Canadian tuxedo a.k.a. denim on denim.  So hipster haha.  The inside was super cute; it legit looked like a Pottery Barn ad.  Bonus was that dogs are also allowed outside but it was crowded and we didn't want to wait.  Brunch seems much more affordable than dinner, which can run about $30 per entree.  Our meal was very hearty and tasty overall.  The waiter messed up my coffee order but I will let it pass for now since he definitely seemed new and Dan saw his manager ream him out at one point.  I would like to try some of their dinner selections, as they seem to be seasonal and rely on fresh, local ingredients.
Ordered a medium sized (16 oz) regular coffee.  Got a 6oz espresso.  I have never ordered a drink that small

Crispy Pork Belly, Egg, and Cheddar Cheese sandwich. Delish but so heavy

Farm Egg Avocado Sandwich with jalapeno cream cheese.  Dan's choice.  Interesting veggie combo.  Very rich

Bag of Donuts - homemade donuts with cinnamon sugar. A little bit of a disappointment as they were surprisingly not very sweet. And my coffee was so small I didn't really have any liquid for dipping

No comments:

Post a Comment