Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Brunch at Snooze in Denver, COC

Dan and I went to Snooze, which is well known in Denver for their amazing breakfast.  I was worried we would have to wait awhile, because the Yelp reviews go on and on about how lines are so long, even mid week, but it's worth it.  While there was some confusion regarding seating when we got there (the whole outside was empty, and we asked to be seated at first available spot, yet somehow people who came in after got seated first), we were still seated in a short time frame (like ten minutes or so).  The food was ridiculously good, cheap, and also huge portions.  I was sad that we didn't have more meals there because there were many things I wanted to try.  Also our "side" of pancake was a meal in itself.  If you're in town stop by!
Dan's side Peanut Butter Cup pancake.  

Chile Verde Benny - Slow cooked pulled pork over a stack of green chile sauced tortillas and melted cheese with poached cage free eggs and green chili hollandaise, pico de gallo and cotija cheese.  Dan loved it.

Benny Duo!  You can half two different kinds of bennies in one dish!  So exciting for someone like me who wants to try everything!  The one on the left was Bella! Bella! Benny - Thin slices of prosciutto, Taleggio cheese, and perfectly poached eggs on toasted ciabatta, topped with cream cheese hollandaise, balsamic glaze and arugula. Ciao Bella!  The one on the right was the Chilaquiles Benedict
Flavorful barbacoa beef over a stack of ranchero sauced tortillas and melted cheese, with poached cage free eggs, roasted poblano hollandaise, pico de gallo and cotija cheese.  I preferred the Bella Bella Benny because it was a little more unique.  Both were delicious.

My side Sweet Potato pancake -  sweet potato buttermilk pancake topped with homemade caramel, candied pecans and ginger butter.  This was SO good, I think the best thing either of us had there in my view.  Too bad I had eaten so much benny otherwise I would have demolished this.  The pic doesn't do justice to how large this was.


No comments:

Post a Comment