Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Lunch at Burger Walla in Newark, NJ

My co-worker and I tried Burger Walla on Halsey Street for lunch.  I'm not sure if this is where Coffee Cave used to be, but anyway, the food is really good and such a unique concept - fast casual Indian burgers.  I got a lamb burger, which was super tasty and moist.  My friend got the veggie burger which she really enjoyed.  I also got a side of sweet potato tots, which were good but not as mind-blowing as I had expected after reading various raving Yelp reviews.  Overall though a great meal.  Not super cheap but doesn't seem like anything in this area really is.  A good treat every once in awhile.  I definitely would come back as I need to try a regular beef burger.  I think their supplied is Pat LaFreida which means it must be awesome.
Veggie Burger with Samosa side.  Samosa definitely had a kick!

Lamb burger with side of tots

Sweet potato tots.  Nicely fried and good flavor.  I think maybe needed a little more salt?

No comments:

Post a Comment