Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube in Edison, NJ

Dan and I FINALLY went to Quaker Steak & Lube.  I've been wanting to go ever since I saw the Man vs. Food episode with the super hot wings.  Not that I wanted hot wings, but just the breadth of flavors of wings was intriguing.  The inside was fun - very loud and sports-oriented.  Dan got one of the hottest flavors but not THE hottest, since you have to sign a waiver and that was slightly frightening to me haha.  The garlic wings I got were excellent.  I think we got a little too much food, but not super expensive and so many other flavors I'd like to try.  The closest one is not that close, like 45-50 mins away, but we had a dog custody appointment that made it convenient.  Def a great place for wings!  Better than Buffalo Wild Wings in my opinion.
Just for funsies

Dan got half super charged (3rd hottest) and half hot wings.  The hot wings were manageable for me, and had a great balance of heat to flavor.  Super charged were a little much even for him, and def too much for me.  I refused to try them haha

My custom built combo - pretzels with beer cheese and Golden Garlic wings.  The wings were perfection.  I really enjoyed the pretzels too but was not in love with the dip.  I think maybe there was some kind of pepper that left an aftertaste that didn't go over well for me.  Still, amazing wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment