Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dinner at Jacob's Pickles in NYC

I finally ate at Jacob's Pickles with my cousin pre MC concert.  The music was awesome throughout dinner - lots of hip hop and R&B from 90s to present.  It was a little dark and loud but the food was awesome.  The portions were HUGE.  I wish we hadn't been going somewhere where it would be weird to have all that food leftover with us, though I don't think it would have really been good re-heated.  Definitely would come back to try some of the other delicious Southern dishes.
4 pickle selection - (1) Candy Red Beets, (2) Dill Green Beans, (3) Big Dill Kosher Cukes, and (4) Sweet and Spicy Carrots.  The whole meal confirmed that I am not a pickle fan hahah.  The red beets were good because they were pretty much normal beets with a slight tang.  The green beans and carrots I could tolerate but after a couple it was too sour for me.  I didn't both trying the cukes because my cuz said they were rather pickly and I know I do not like that

Poutine appetizer.  Fries smothered in brown gravy, cheese, and hollandaise drizzle.  Delicious and Ginormous, but NOT real poutine.  A nice version of disco fries would be more accurate, since poutine involves cheese curds, not just melted cheese.  The fries were nice and thin and perfectly fried.  You can't really tell how big this is but it was like a 9 inch skillet. 
My Southern BLT Chicken biscuit.  Buttermilk fried chicken, fried green tomato, pickle slaw, and nitrate free bacon.  This was giant.  Like no chance of putting this in my mouth.  Def had to use my knife and fork.  Made it through a lot of it but it was really huge.  I would've preferred two of these half the height

My chicken biscuit in the light.  The top biscuit is missing as it is on the other side, but the sandwich was massive.  The grits that came with it were good but I was too preoccupied with trying to take down the sandwich to really eat them

No comments:

Post a Comment