Monday, June 19, 2017

Lunch at Napoleon House in New Orleans, LA

Dan and I went to Napoleon House for lunch after a bayou swamp tour.  There was a bit of a wait but we were able to eat outside in a cute courtyard.  The muffuletta there is known as the best in NOLA and I bet it was because I actually liked it!  I don't love olives but the fact that this sandwich is heated so the cheese and meat melt made it so much better than lukewarm muffs that most places serve.  The rest of the food was delicious as well and the Pimms cup was just what I needed that hot day.  Also not expensive but a nice place to sit and people watch.  Another place I would say you should stop at in NOLA.
Dan's Old Fashioned and my refreshing Pimm's Cup

Boudin Sausage with orange Creole mustard.  Delicious sausage stuffed with rice and peppers and mustard.  Perfect NOLA dish

Jambalaya, Muffuletta and Grilled Alligator Po-Boy

Delicious and inexpensive Jambalaya with some bread and butter

1/4 muffuletta.  The best in NOLA.

Grilled Alligator Sausage Po Boy with tabasco pepper jelly and creole mustard. So delicious.  Perfect sandwich.  We got full though so had to take half to go

Small dessert of vanilla and chocolate cannoli.  Perfect ending.  

No comments:

Post a Comment