Friday, May 24, 2013

Dinner from Grand Sichuan in Jersey City, NJ

I've been having a craving for "real" Chinese food for awhile.  I realize I don't think I've ever had authentic Schezuan-style Chinese food because I usually don't spend a lot of money on Chinese food (minus dim sum, which isn't really a lot of money but just a lot of cheap, delicious food).  We went to Grand Sichuan after I spent a few days figuring out what to order ha.  The result - wayyy too much delicious and spicy food.  But I'm not complaining because it all heat up really well and even got spicier.  So glad there's a Grand Sichuan in JC.  Don't have to trek to Manhattan for my spicy fix.

Braised Wild Mushrooms with Pea Shoots - so delicious and the mushrooms almost tasted meaty.  A little more pricy but such a huge portion that lasted for two meals

Beef Stew Spicy Noodle Soup - legit spicy and GIANT.  Also only $6.75.  We could have just ordered this and been full

Gui Zhou Spicy Chicken - also seriously had a kick.  Basically spicy thin-cut fried chicken.  Lots of chili peppers and (bad suprise!) peppercorns.  I may have inadvertenly eaten a peppercorn, which I thought was ginger, and almost vommed on the table haha.  It just left this awful taste in my mouth that I couldn't get rid of for awhile, and everything was also so spicy.  Bad combo.  But the chicken was delicious!  Just have to be more careful

Pork Soup Dumpling - very well done but brought out so late that we were pretty full by this point.  But as this is not the sort of dish that really reheats well, we struggled through. 

Sichuan Wonton with Red Oil - pretty spicy as well.  Dan really liked it but it was a little too spicy for me after all those other spicy dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment