Thursday, May 9, 2013

Home-made Cajun Shrimp Salad

I decided to use frozen shrimp as the base for my salad since had tomato and avocado slices leftover, and came up with a delicious, healthy, and super-easy-to-prepare dinner.  I peeled the shrimp and sprinkled with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, then just sauteed on the stove with olive oil.  I don't think I cooked them for more than three minutes total.  Super easy and flavorful.  I threw the shrimp on top of mixed greens, sliced tomato, and avocado, and squeezed lime juice over the entire plate.  It was surprisingly filling yet I felt great after eating.  Definitely a dish I will repeat in the future, and now I have a really tasty and quick way to use shrimp (i.e. for tacos) besides just scampi-style.

I remember a long time ago hearing that the more color is on your plate, the better.  Tonsss of color here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment