Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lunch from Box in Jersey City, NJ

As I rarely ever get to enjoy lunch specials, I decided to try something new and order from Box.  I misremembered where exactly Box was located, as it was further down Newark Ave than I had though.  Despite showing up well after the time expected, I still had to wait about 5-10 minutes for my order.  However, it was well worth it as I got a TON of delicious food for very little money.  I got a lunch bento with Korean short ribs as the star for $11!  I accidentally put tip on it not even realizing they had automatically added it, which kind of pissed me off but that's Seamless's (and my own) fault, not Box.  The meat came with white rice, salad, miso soup, two shumai, and four pieces of California roll (could've gotten fried spring roll but decided against it).  Everything was delicious and more food than I could eat, so I didn't finish my soup or salad.  Of course I ate all the meat though, and it was DELICIOUS.  For the same amount of food at dinner, I saved like $6-7.  I haven't had anything else from Box, which apparently is owned by the same owners of More (ehh), Sawadee (slightly better than ehh) and Sky Thai (haven't been).  However, I am definitely planning to come back to Box and try some other food.

Salad with carrot dressing on top, Miso soup

(L to R clockwise) 4 pieces of California Roll, Korean short ribs over lettuce, white rice, wasabi and ginger, shu mai and dipping sauce

Close up of Korean short ribs.  Sweet meat yum

No comments:

Post a Comment