Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lunch from Renee's Luncheonnette in Woodside, NY

The reason we had such a "light" lunch was because we had planned to eat again in Woodside haha.  I wanted to show Dan the real deal Filipino food because while the food in JC is okay, there's no great Filipino BBQ and so we had to go to the motherland a.k.a. Woodside.  Everything is so much cheaper than Manhattan (obvi) but also JC, which is pretty inexpensive.  The food is just so much better.  I don't know why but it seems more authentic and well-done, as close to family cooking as I can find.  Even the sisig, which I generally don't gravitate towards, was much better and didn't gross me out at all ha.  Best Filipino food on the East Coast in my opinion.

Buko Juice (young Coconut drink) + San Miguel Light.  Heaven

Delicious and addictive Lumpia Shanghai

Pork Sisig

Garlic Fried Rice

BBQ Combo - chicken and pork skewer

Banana dessert - nilla wafers, fresh sliced banana, and whipped cream plus nilla crumbs.  Dan's heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment