Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lunch at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant in Langhorne, PA

Dan and I happened to be driving in PA when I suddenly saw a very familiar site - a Margaritas restaurant!  I haven't been to or seen once since my college days in NH.  Actually I don't remember if the Margaritas was in NH or VT, but regardless I have never seen one outside of that area.  At first we drove by and I was just really nostalgic but after some TJs/Homegoods shopping, we stopped for lunch and I was one happy panda.  Honestly, for a chain, the food is very good.  A great value and of course, excellent margaritas.  A little strong for lunch haha but I had to.  PLUS it turned out it was National Margarita Day, which I didn't figure out til later in the day.  A successful trip overall!

Outside of the restaurant

The famous musicians :)

Complimentary chips and salsa.  Dangerous

Original margarita on the rocks.  More dangerous

Tomato Garlic Nachos - hand cup chips, tomatoes, garlic, cheese, onion and cilantro.  Even with the big chunks of onion (which I removed) it was DELICIOUSLY garlicy and cheesy.  I honestly could've just eaten this the whole time

Can't remember what this was called as it was a special, but it reminded me a little of mofongo.  Mashed plaintain with shredded beef, salsa and avocado.  Delish

From the Sea Combo (L to R) : (1) Fish Taco del Mar - beer-battered fish, cilantro, onion, orange slaw, three-pepper sauce, and avocado (2) Original fish taco - tortilla encrusted fish, roasted corn salsa, shredded red cabbage, and chipotle aioli, and (3) Shrimp Taco - fried shrimp, salsa fresca, roasted corn salsa, and lettuce with picante, hacienda and crema sauces.  The Original Fish Taco was amazinggg and by far the best.  Then the Fish then the Shrimp.  The Original Fish was just so crunchy and everything worked perfectly together.  The roasted corn salsa was the best and I loved the cabbage and chipotle flavors.  The shrimp was a little tough and also unnecessarily spicy.  The Fish Taco was fine but not that memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment