Friday, February 12, 2016

Home-made buttermilk pancakes

I made some delicious home-made buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes.  I modified a recipe I found online.  Super fluffy and easy to make.  I've always preferred baking to cooking and it felt much more like baking, which was fun.  Best pancakes I've ever made.  Here's the recipe:

Dry ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 T white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Wet:
1 cup buttermilk
2 T and 2 tsp milk (1/6 cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 eggs
1 T and 2 1/4 tsp butter, melted (1/6 cup)

Directions:
(1) Combine wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
(2) Heat lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
(3) Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture.  Stir until it's just blend together.  Pour approx 1/2 cup batter onto the griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment