Monday, May 26, 2014

Dinner at Tea and Sympathy in NYC

For Mother's Day Dan, my father and I took my mother to Tea & Sympathy in NYC because of her Anglo-philia.  Everything was super delicious but as it was British food, quite heavy.  It was definitely worth it though and I made to save room for one of my fav British things - scones with clotted cream and jam.  Would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for some meat pies and/or tea and scones.  I would definitely like to come back to try their Sunday roast dinner and maybe high tea. 
My Steak and Guinness Pie with mash and veggies

Inside of my steak pie...so meaty!

Dan's Shepherd's Pie - minced lamb with onions and tomatoes topped with mashed potatoes and grated farmhouse cheddar cheese

My dad's chicken and leek pie in a creamy sauce

Some tart my mom was obsessing over haha.. Very good!

My scones with clotted cream and jam.  So delicious. 

Look who was at dinner

Tart and tea.  Perfectly British

No comments:

Post a Comment