Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dinner at Honshu Lounge in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I tried Honshu Lounge since we were missing ramen that we had in Hawaii and wanted something close by.  We were only one of two couples eating at the Restaurant, so naturally the service was very attentive.  We each ordered sushi then different types of ramen.  Both the sushi and ramen were good but not as good as in Hawaii.  Siiiigh.  I miss Hawaii already.

Complimentary salad.  I never know what the dressing is that Japanese restaurants use, but it was good.  Some tang and I was also hungry ha

Crazy Tuna Roll - Dan's usual go-to.  Spicy tuna, crunch, pepper tuna, and avocado

Dragon Roll - my usual order.  Eel, avocado, cucumber and tobiko.  It was good certain bites were lacking in eel

Goma-Shoyu Ramen - thin ramen, soy sauce and sesame broth, pork, sweet corn, egg, and scallion

Chanpon ramen - thick ramen, pork broth, stir-fried vegetables, squid, shrimp, and pork.  The broth was very different from Hawaii, where the restaurant used chicken oil. This broth was almost a water-y version of curry sauce.  Good but different and not entirely what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment