Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dinner at Marc Forgione in NYC

Dan and I went to Marc Forgione in NYC since I have claimed that many meals I have had at restaurants are not that memorable.  Marc Forgione, of course, is an Iron Chef, and he has earned one Michelin star for this restaurant.  I've never gone to a Michelin-star-rated restaurant so this was super exciting for me.  Everything we had was truly excellent - the only thing that would have made it better was if the man himself came out to greet us ha.

Buttery rolls to start things off
Spring Sangria - Demi-Sec Riesling, Apricot Brandy, Tropical Fruit, Lemongrass.  Sooo tasty and refreshing and of course secretly strong.  One of the best glasses of Sangria I have ever had.

Amuse Bouche - Carrot soup with a little Everything roll filled with vegetable cream cheese.  A lovely pre-meal bite

Grilled calamari appetizer with carrots, cucumber, and olives with Harissa sauce and some pita chips.  The calamari was grilled to perfection and the Harissa added a slight kick.  The veggies were a great compliment to the squid.  The pita chips were the only thing unnecessary and also they were quite hard

Littleneck Clams, Escargot, Sea Beans, Mangalitsa Pork Fat - Now, I still don't know what "Mangalitsa" is, but that box on the right is of that delicious fat, which Dan not only dipped the clams, snail and bread in, but later proceeded to pour over the leftover bread LOL.  Perfect time to use my most-hated phrase - YOLO.

Bell & Evans Chicken under a Brick with Yukon potatoes, broccoli rabe, and pan drippings.  No exaggeration that this was THE BEST CHICKEN DAN or I have ever had.  In our collective lives, we have NEVER HAD BETTER CHICKEN.  That's INSANE if you think about it  The chicken was so juicy and tender and well seasoned.  I'm very intrigued to see how this actually is cooked under a brick.

Portion for one person - SO MUCH FOOD.  It was also super rich so afterwards I felt like dying haha. Everything just worked so perfectly together. And I especially love when there are crispy onion straws strewn about.

Strawberry Shortcake & Rhubarb sundae.  Dan ordered this and I could only try a little b/c of the chicken aftermath.  He enjoyed it because it wasn't excessively sweet.  There was also basil whipped cream.  WTF.  I tried that and it was crazyyy.  Again, how did MF do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment