Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Brunch at Craftbar in NYC

Went to Tom Colicchio's Craftbar for Dan's birthday brunch with his family.  All of the food was so ridiculously rich.  Unfortunately I cannot find a copy of the latest brunch menu anywhere, so my descriptions of the food will be less complete.  However, I think the pictures in this case really speak for themselves.  Everything was beautifully presented and everyone raved about their food.  I definitely would come back for brunch.  We went once for dinner and I wasn't particularly impressed, but brunch was amazing.

Pork Belly & Grits - including chorizo, some kind of pepper, and coddled egg. Do you know what a coddled egg is?  This is what I ordered.  The pork belly was seriously melt in your mouth.  I'm not usually a fan of grits but it was a great compliment to the fattiness of the pork belly and the chorizo.  The egg simply broke perfectly on everything and the yolk was a great mixture to all of the other flavors.  EXCELLENT!

Fried softshell crab sandwich with fried egg, homemade potato chips, and some pickled veggies.  I tried some of this since Dan ordered it and the crab was delicious.  I had never tried softshell crab before.  The downside was it was a little messy, but a worthy price to pay.

Brioche french toast. Tried a bit of this and it was perfectly sweet and had excellent accompanying syrup.

Steak and eggs

Eggs Norweigan

No comments:

Post a Comment