Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dinner at The Meatball Shop in NYC

Debbie and I hit up the Meatball Shop before heading out that night.  Even at 10pm we still had to wait, but the wait wasn't terribly long.  Interestingly enough most of the seating is at long, cafeteria-style tables.  We were seated near some interesting characters.  One thing I thought is you better be small because there isn't much space.  Anyway, the food was really filling, but looking back on the meal, it wasn't one of the most memorable or flavorable that I've ever had.  Still, I'm glad I went, if anything for the ice cream cookie sandwich.  Always a winner.  Plus the outside awning says "Ball" and I didn't get a pic.  Guess I'll have to go back one day haha.

Spicy Pork Meatballs with Parmesan Cream Sauce with risotto underneath and piece of focaccia bread.  We ordered these as "naked balls" and got the risotto as a(n under) side

Classic beef meatballs with classic tomato sauce.  Again, ordered as "naked balls" and got a pasta side, below

Side of rigatoni

Side of kale garlic confit.  Delicious but not as crispy as I would have thought

Best part of the meal - ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip cookie on the bottom and snickerdoodle on top, with vanilla inside.  The snickerdoodle and ice cream were great, but the chocolate chip cookie was rock hard.  They should have heated up both cookies to warm them.  Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment