Monday, June 18, 2012

Dinner from Taj Mahal in Jersey City, NJ

After my epic weekend in Hanover I was still a little bummed that I didn't make it to Jewel of India for brunch, so for dinner we ordered Indian food from Taj Mahal.  Everything was wonderful and we had a ton of leftovers.  I want to expand my Indian food base but for now am sticking to ordering dishes that I know I will like (and thus hope Dan likes too, which he did).  I also didn't realize they gave rice with each entree (in retrospect that seems obvious but for some reason I wasn't thinking), so we had a ton of rice (not pictured - two big tins of plain basmati rice).

(clockwise from the top) Garlic naan, Chicken Tikka Masala (Tandoori chicken cooked in chef's special creamy sauce), Peas Jeera Rice (Basmati rice cooked with green peas and sauteed with cumin seeds), and Aloo Gobi Masala (Cauliflower florets and potatoes sauteed in spices, onion, tomatoes and ginger)

No comments:

Post a Comment