Monday, June 18, 2012

Home-made Spam Musubi

I finally got to use my Musubi press that I ordered off of Amazon.com.  I was too cheap/lazy to buy sushi rice so I used Jasmine rice.  Definitely a poor decision because the rice kept falling out as I tried to eat.  Taste-wise it was great though.  I had pre-cut the Spam before and frozen it.  They were kind of thin so I used two slices instead of one - I double spammed ha.  Then I cooked the Spam in a home-made teriyaki sauce and just fried for a few minutes on each side.  Then made a rice sammie in the musubi maker, wrapped it all up in the nori and let it rest for a few minutes before I ate it.  Just as good as the one I had in Hawaii.  Next time I will definitely use sushi rice to avoid the spillage.  But a quick and easy lunch.  All Spam haters should try this and then see what you have to say ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment