Saturday, February 3, 2018

Dinner at Empellon Taqueria in NYC

I finally went to Empellon Taqueria with Jordan.  I had made reservations there in the past, both for restaurant week and not, and for various reasons, never made it there.  You could tell that the place was super trendy.  It was a little overwhelming in the front, but they had a back room that was much more spacious and less hectic.  Only negative was I saw a rather large, fast moving cockroach.  Food-wise, the place was delicious and I got pretty full despite the taco portions being smaller than usually (2 per order vs. 3).  Everything was delicious and well balanced.  Great spot that I would definitely return to since they had a great unique variety of tacos.
Red and Green Chorizo in melted cheese served with warm tortillas.  This app was very filling.  I think it came with 6 tortillas so we already ate almost a whole plate of tacos before our actual tacos came out

Lamb barbacoa with cucumber and salsa borracha - my favs

Shrimp tacos with pepitas

I can't recall the kind of meat but it was great as well

No comments:

Post a Comment