Saturday, February 3, 2018

Dinner at Latham House in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I went to Latham House for dinner.  I don't know why I didn't think there would be a wait on a Saturday night.  I think I assumed people mostly went there for brunch/lunch, which was an incorrect assumption.  Fortunately we didn't end up waiting for long.  The food was really wonderful, and Dan's pot pie was massive!  Bigger than his face!  My salmon was just what I needed.  Fresh and healthy but filling.  One of my new favs.
Seared Scallops and Crispy Bacon app - haricots verts, arugula, grape tomatoes citrus vinaigrette.  It was hearty without being heavy, if that make sense.  Scallops perfectly cooked.  Reminded me of how much I love scallops

Chicken Pot Pie - breast of chicken, vegetables, fresh herb cream gravy scallion-cheddar biscuit crust . One of the best pot pies I've had but oh so rich

Look at that pot pie in proportion to Dan's body.  It was HUMONGOUS.  Could've fed 3

Grilled Salmon, Grains & Greens - quinoa, bulgur, farro, arugula, pistachio, avocado, tomato, orange-basil vinaigrette. Just what I needed after the other two dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment