Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lunch at DeKalb Market Hall in Brooklyn, NY

Laura and I went to DeKalb Market for lunch.  So many incredible vendors in one place, plus a Trader Joe's next to it.  During my first trip, got to try a couple of different things.  The arepa was seriously the best I've had.  Since then, I've returned a few times.  The arepa remains my favorite thing to eat.
Arepa de queso stuffed with carne asada.  Perfect.  I would return just for this.  The actual stand is in Queens but Dekalb has so many options and is obvi easier to get to. 

The pierogis from Pierogi Boys were not good to me.  Maybe the cream did it for me.  Laura didn't mind them but didn't seem wow-ed

Donuts from Dulcinea unfortunately were just ehhh. I  thought they would be close to malasadas but they were not

Incredible Fried Chicken Sandwich from Wilma Jean.  Served on a potato roll.  The honey makes it!  One of the best chicken sandwiches I've had 

No comments:

Post a Comment