Monday, May 7, 2018

Brunch at Kitchen Step in Jersey City, NJ

We met my parents for brunch at Kitchen Step.  We had to wait to get seated, and when we did, discovered it was insanely loud, and the food was just ehh.  This was my first time having brunch there, but my second meal.  Now I've confirmed the food is mediocre and just not worth it for me.  It's always crowded but I think more for the ambiance (and perhaps drinks) than the food.  The portions weren't that great for the price and the food honestly was nothing special.  It makes me sad to say because I loved the prior restaurant there, but I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon.
Nutella Swirl Buttermilk Pancake - maple syrup, vermont butter & fresh fruit.  Was super thick, and legit like eating cake.  Dan could only get through about half

My mom got this super pretty salmon dish, which was essentially a pot of salmon over cucumbers with tiny chips.  Beautiful presentation but not very filling

Breakfast burrito -  scrambled eggs, manchego, avocado, black beans & salsa verde.  Mostly eggs and compared to other bbs in the hood, just okay

RD Burger - 8oz beef burger, aged cheddar, onion compote, bacon & herbed fries.  Of all the food, the biggest and probably most filling.  It was def a juicy burger but it wasn't that creative.  The onions were too big and texture wise was too much so I had to remove them

Close of this big boy

No comments:

Post a Comment