Monday, May 7, 2018

Dinner at Cote in NYC

For my birthday, Dan took me to Cote, which I requested some weeks prior.  It's a new-ish Korean steakhouse that has earned one Michelin-star.  The amount of food we got was crazy especially considered it was prefixe for $45/person.  The drinks were excellent was well.  I wish I hadn't eaten so much at lunch that day because I didn't fully enjoy the insanity of the food.  The service was wonderful too.  Different staff cooked our meals.  There wasn't too much meat, but the sides and accompaniments were intense.  Overall, an awesome meal and I would def like to come back with other people so we could order some extra meat a la carte as well.
Butcher's Feast - such a good deal!

Some ban chan - pickled cauliflower and pickled carrots with jalapenos.  Both great on their own and also with the meat

We did get a pork belly appetizer.  Super meaty and smoky

My friesling aka frozen riesling.  Loved it!  It was so refreshing and grape-y but not in a fake way

The four diff cuts of raw meat.  Note the top left - piece of fat they would use to grease the grill. So smart!

Ribeye and mushroom cooking plus ssam jang sauce and lettuce wrap

We both LOVED the scallion sauce, which was dressed in gochujang vinaigrette.   Really light and flavorful and refreshing 

rib eye plus rice cakes and mushrooms

meat in wrap

hanger steak was great

flatiron

savory dwen-jang stew

spicy kim chi stew

more ban chan. lots of kim chi

what a spread

savory egg souffle.  really loved this with the meat

bulgogi.  staple in korean meat eating

the veggie stew was more palatable for me.  the kim chi was too spicy

too full to order real dessert but the soft serve w/caramel was a nice finish

No comments:

Post a Comment