Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Dinner at Poi by the Pound in Maui, HI

We took Mei Lun and Mike to Poi by the Pound for some local food.  The restaurant moved to a more central spot.  We had to wait quite awhile to get seated despite there being probably 3x as much seating as before.  For some reason, the food wasn't as good as last time, and the guys both seemed to get sick after.  ML and I didn't (strong Asian stomachs probably) but overall, the food was just not as good as we remembered, which is a shame.  No one else appreciated the poi like I did, but I know it's an acquired taste.  I thought my food was good but the service plus people getting sick made it less of a memorable meal.
Dan got the kahlua pork moco

I ordered the hawaiian plate

I still liked my lau lau.  It was kind of fatty but I was into it

No comments:

Post a Comment