Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lunch at Sky Thai in Jersey City, NJ

The 'rents, Dan and I went to Sky  Thai for lunch.  Technically I guess it was brunch but the menu had nothing particularly brunch-y.  It was pretty empty when we got there, which was totally fine because the service was super fast and the food great.  The portions also seem larger in person.  Not sure if that's true but it feels that way.  It's very reasonably priced and I haven't had anything that wasn't good.
A special that day.  Crab dumplings were actually really tasty and didn't seem frozen (although they may have been) because the crab was so meaty

Crispy Calamari with sweet chili sauce.  Nicely fried and very meaty

My mother got salmon sautéed with cashew nuts, bell pepper, carrots, onion, scallion and thai chili paste.  I think she enjoyed the flavors and there was a lot of fish.  The sauce was just a tad thin

Dan got beef with basil sauce, which has legit thai chili, onion, bell pepper, carrots and fresh basil.  No joke on the spice

My dad got the Thai BBQ chicken - marinated half lemongrass chicken served with sweet chil sauce

I got shrimp pad thai.  Not the most adventurous but I was in a pad thai food.  Shrimp were plump.  Wish there were more like always

No comments:

Post a Comment