Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Dinner at Red Rooster in NYC

Dan and I had a double date at Ginny's Supper Club, which is the jazz lounge beneath Red Rooster.  The menu is the same as RR, so we got to try it while sitting in the front row of a jazz show.  The food was all delicous; my only complaint was that we were sitting basically in the dark, so I think some of the food eating experience was less positive than normal because it was hard to see the food.  Also my food was quite sticky (honey), so it would've helped to be able to see more clearly.
Renaissance Cottage Pie - Helga’s meatballs, potato knish, pickled vegetables.  Dan got this and said it was crazy.  Marcus Samuelsson is swedish so obvi knew what he was doing with those meatballs

Hot Honey Yardbird - light and dark meat, garlic mash, braised cabbage, dirty gravy. Some damn good fried chicken, but I wasn't expecting it to be so wet so it was messy and not as fun to eat 

Cornbread with honey butter, tomato jam.  Not my fav.  I prefer my cornbread sweeter.  This didn't have too much of a taste to be honest though I guess the idea is to use the honey butter and tomato jam to add more flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment