Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dinner at Hanjan in NYC

I really am loving Korean food.  My second favorite Asian cuisine after Filipino.  Hanjan is pretty new; opened in December I think.  It's owned by the same guy who owns Danji, which is Michelin rated as I noted in a previous review.  The inside was similar to Danji but it was a little more spacious.  Everything we had was well prepared and had nice flavors, but still didn't top the bo ssam we had at Danji.  The "freshly killed chicken" was amazing though ha.  Like a combo of Dinosaur BBQ chicken wings and Filipino marinated chicken.

Scallion pancake with local squid - tasty but like 90% scallions, 10% squid.  Don't be so stingy with your squid

Freshly killed chicken wings with soy-sake marinade, pickled radish and pickled jalapeno.  By fresh, I think it means they killed the chicken that morning.  Apparently that makes a difference

Spicy pork belly skewers on top (plus lettuce not pictured) and BBQ galbi skewers.  Both tasty but I think not so memorable.  I thought the pork skewers would be like Danji but not as good.  Also way spicier than I thought.

Radish kimchi and brisket fried rice with fried egg.  So delicious!  That brisket was super flavorful and added a lot to the rice.  We were pretty full by this point though

No comments:

Post a Comment