Monday, June 3, 2013

Home-made Chorizo, Chickpeas & Kale

I wanted to make a healthy low-carb meal but hadn't gone to a big grocery store in some time, so had to be creative and think about what I could make using ingredients from a little Korean market down the street.  The tricky part was the protein since they don't have much meat, but I remembered that they sell cooked Goya Spanish chorizo so tried to think about what I could make with that.  After some internet research I settled on a delicious combo of chorizo, chickpeas and kale.  Lots of protein with the chickpeas and also vitamins from them and the kale.  Everything was super tasty and lasted for dinner and leftovers for lunch.  I cooked the chickpeas first, then took them out and sauteed the chorizo.  In retrospect, should def have done it the other way around haha.  Then added kale at the end.  Everything had chorizo oil infusion, which was delicious.  The chickpeas almost tasted meaty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment