Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Brunch at Radio Room in Chicago, IL

Went to brunch at a sports bar that used to be a very happening club.  I was happy because I got to see the Steelers play and it was nice to be in a lower-key spot.  Except for the beignets, the food was very good.  The first batch of beignets seemed under cooked, do they replaced them but they only came out at the end of the meal when we were pretty full so we had to struggle to eat them, and then we realized they were only just okay.  The dough itself lacked flavor and not nearly enough sugar. I give them a pass though because my sliders were so awesome.

Housemade Beignets - dehydrated sweet corn, blueberry compote, vanilla anglaise, and powdered sugar. Now that I see this, I realize the problem was that they used corn as the base of the dough instead of regular flour.  To get any real flavor, you HAD to use the vanilla anglaise 

Of course I ordered these - Phat Stack Sliders: brie cheese, short rib marmalade, crispy shallos, garlic aioli, and curly fries.  Also came with a side of cheese sauce.  BECAUSE OF COURSE

Nicole got the Chicken Sandwich, Nashville hot style

Debbie got the Double Smash Burger w/American cheese, onion jam, house pickles, dijonaise on brioche bun

Tower of sliders.  I shared because it was too much.  Also an inappropriate amount of curly fries but I am not complaining


No comments:

Post a Comment