Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Semi-home-made desserts from/using Trader Joe's products

 A few different dessert-ish foods made using TJ's products.

(1) Caramel Sea Salt cookies using TJ's caramel sea salt chips.  Not quite as salty as I hoped but still tasty

(2) TJ's Sweet Cinnamon Filled Korean Pancakes - omg I hope they never stop making these.   Traditionally known as Hotteok in Korea.  Tastes way better pan fried than in the air fryer.  Of course enhanced by vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream


(3) I made swirl pancakes with the cinnamon bun spread.  Looks wayyy better and easier online than in real life.  Too sweet at the end, but hey, I tried


My sugar glaze was a little gross woops

(4) TJ's Chewy Chocolate Mochi Cake w/peanut butter frosting

Reallly wanted to like this but the cake itself was very dense and the PB frosting was insanely thick/sweet

My parents liked it but I didn't actually love the mochi pieces.  It was oddly crunchy




No comments:

Post a Comment