Friday, April 25, 2014

Dessert at Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in NYC

After dim sum we walked about one block to the Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory for dessert.  I love that the normal flavors are all the ones that most Americans would find weird - avocado, red bean, ube, and DURIAN!  Despite my efforts Dan didn't order durian haha.  The "exotic" flavors are things like chocolate, vanilla, etc.  I absolutely loved my almond cookie.  It tasted just like a Good Humor Toasted Almond bar plus had bits of almond cookie!  My mom's pistachio was also really good and tasted different than most places but I can't put my finger on.  Dan got this crazy ice cream called Zen Butter, which had sesame seeds and peanut butter.  He claims his was the best of the three.  It's hard to say, but since it was my birthday I think mine was haha.

(L) Almond Cookie (R) Pistachio.  They were not stingy with their scoopage

Zen Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment