Friday, April 25, 2014

Dim Sum Brunch at Oriental Garden in NYC

The 'rents, Dan and I tried to go to Jing Fong Restaurant in Chinatown for dim sum, but apparently it was closed for renovations!  WTF!  There were some crazy waits at various dim sum restaurants nearby, but we ended up going to the closest restaurant - Oriental Garden, which happened to be Michelin recommended.  We waited probably 30-40 mins but I think it was worth it, though I def want to try Jing Fong sometime in the future.  It was sort of a cross of cart-style and menu ordering.  There were carts but the place is pretty small and cramped so it was more of people bringing stuff by hand to our table than rolling by with carts.  Also, we were never ONCE offered water, despite asking 2 diff people for water, they said it wasn't their job.  Wtf you can bring me chicken feet but not some water?  My dad gave me a water bottle to drink.  So customer service not great.  But the food was pretty good.

Pork and shrimp shu mai - my absolute favorite

 Bok Choy with garlic

Shrimp Dumplings

Shrimp in rice wrapper

Pork dumplings

Chinese broccoli

Steamed spare ribs in black bean sauce

Watercress and pork steamed dumplings
Turnip cake - so unique.  Almost custard-y

No comments:

Post a Comment