Monday, June 6, 2016

Brunch at Seamore's in NYC

Dan and I went to Seamore's in Little Italy for brunch with my parents.  We came right as it opened and it was shockingly packed even more it opened.  So popular.  The food was somewhat of a let down compared to last time's amazing meal.  My adobo squid burrito had a weird pasty taste and was too spicy to enjoy.  The apps were good and my parents enjoyed their meals, but Dan and I were underwhelmed by our entrees.  I would still recommend going here for dinner but brunch was just okay.
Poke - ponzu, peanut and avocado.  Excellent like last time and worth ordering

Crispy squid with citrus aioli.  Great flavor though a little salty

Oh Boy - crispy skate with pepper relish and special sauce.  Plus sweet potato fries.  My mom enjoyed it a lot

Crispy Fish Tacos with cabbage, guacamole and chipotle mayo.  My dad enjoyed it and it was a pretty big portion

Fish Cake Bennies - fried fish cakes, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.  Dan got this and was not a huge fan.  The fish cake was mostly not fish and tasted oddly sweet.  I think it was made of sweet potato but it was a weird combo and not as crisp as you would think.  A straight up deep fried patty of fish was what we expected

Breakfast Burrito - adobo squid, kale scramble, chorizo hash.  It sounds so good but the chorizo and adobo squid tasted really strange.  It had a very smoky taste, not in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment