Saturday, December 5, 2020

Dinner from Big Bowls Little Plates in Rutherford, NJ

 Not gonna lie, the name of this place was hilarious and definitely made me click on it.  The menu too was exciting and had a lot of non traditional flavors in traditional dishes.  Unfortunately, the spice factor was a little much for me, so for some of the dishes, I was one and done.  If you like spice and want some creative Asian food though, this is a good place to try.  We also ordered a lot of food and it wasn't expensive (again, pre fees.  Thanks Uber Eats).

French Onion ramen.  I loved this but Dan thought the broth was too rich.  It tasted a little sweet because of the caramelized onions, but I thought this super creative and excellent fusion

The noodles were nice and springy and tons of short rib!

Chicken Satay Lettuce Wrap.  I was surprised there was so much sauce but it was good so cannot complain about that.  I wish the chicken was in bigger pieces though and that they had given us more lettuce

Peking duck ravioli, pan fried.  I was super excited to try this but it was SO SPICY. Sadly I stopped after my first bite

Corned beef bun - it was good but the kim chi and corned beef together was a bit odd.  Wouldn't probably order again


Chicken satay lettuce wrap - healthy yet tasty.  Also pretty cheap - $7.95


No comments:

Post a Comment