Friday, December 4, 2020

Home-made Rum Cake

 Once the pandemic hit, I started baking a LOT more things that I"m sure helped pack on a bit of the pandemic pounds.  I really love rum cake and had ever tried making it before, but FYI it was one of the flavors of our wedding cake.  This recipe was fairly easy to follow, but it made wayyyy more rum sauce than I think we needed.  I literally spent like 30 minutes trying to get the rum sauce into cake.  The result was a verry strong HP style cake haha.  It was a delicious cake though.  I think I'd probably do half the amount of rum syrup.

Naked cake

Also I did not butter/spray the pan nearly enough.  As you can see some of the top got stuck.  I did my best to help it beauty-wise








Soo good w/fresh whipped cream



No comments:

Post a Comment