Friday, December 4, 2020

Semi-home-made Chinese dinner w/scallion pancakes

 Twice I took a stab at making scallion pancakes.  The first time, I used this recipe.  They came out a little thick.  The flavor was good, but texture wise it wasn't flaky like it is at great place.  It came out more like Americanized versions I've had.

They were a little greasy, and I didn't fry super evenly.  Full disclosure - I am terrified of frying things, and I often end up screaming when the hot oil gets on me.  They tasted good though.



Served alongside TJ's mandarin orange chicken and green beans and rice

The pancake all cut up

The second recipe I used and it still came out thick, actually thicker but less greasy.  I think I'm going to have to find a different recipe because my versions didn't end up like I hoped.  This could be due to my own cooking/mixing but even still, will probably find a different recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment