Saturday, December 5, 2020

Home-made food with Thanksgiving leftovers

 Seeing how we had a ton of turkey and ham and did not want to just eat the meat straight (though we definitely did that various times w/both meats and leftover sides), we tried to think creatively of how to use the meat.  I think we did pretty good job with both.  We killed the ham and had a tiny bit of turkey left.

Dan assisted me with Quiche #1, which was like a quiche lorraine.  Ham, egg, cheese plus mushrooms

Soo yummy.  I have extra deep dish pie crusts in the freezer for pie but now realize how useful it is to have on hand for quiche

Arroz caldo with left over turkey and turkey stock.  Dan also added mushrooms and carrot

Also had to throw in some extra French's onions

This I think was my favorite use of the leftover ham - white bean, spinach and ham soup.  It reminded me of a soup my host mother used to make in Spain.  Super hearty but still light.  Dan also used leftover turkey stock in this


And finally, there was a little bit of ham left, so I added to Quiche #2 to be a broccoli, cheddar, and ham quiche.  Felt good to go through all the ham and not waste any of it


No comments:

Post a Comment