Saturday, December 5, 2020

Home-made Olive Oil Cake inspired by L'Artusi

The olive oil cake from L'artusi is incredible, and since we've been trapped at home and not able to go to our favorite restaurants, I decided to make this delicious cake.  It's very easy to make and most people will have the ingredients, except perhaps for the wine.  I did not do the raisin marmellata because I do not like raisins in sweet things.  We also made fresh whipped cream instead of the creme fraiche, both due to ingredients ease but also because we just prefer whipped cream.  I also added poppy seeds to add a little something.  It came out perfectly, super moist and the right amount of sweetness.  I think anyone can make this, so if you feel inspired, here's the recipe.

Naked cake.  I know it looks unimpressive plain but it's so delicious

Have to add the confectioner's sugar





Yes, the whipped cream should cover the entire surface area of the top haha


No comments:

Post a Comment